Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Whole Week, Without a Blog Entry?!

I started this blog a little over a month ago and at first could hardly contain myself. Once I finished a post I quickly wanted to post something else. I am willing to bet this is a common feeling amongst many bloggers. Full disclosure I love to write and thought writing blogs was a good way to stretch my mental muscle. I fully admit that there is a great deal of garbage when it comes to online content & the LAST thing I want, is to be lumped into that category. So let's see if I can't make some useful suggestions to my readership.

The obvious one is "have something meaningful to say." Just because you think it is interesting doesn't mean other people will want to read about it. To that end, target the distribution of your blog to people who would care. Writing an article about telecom and distributing it to my friends in the baseball community wont do me much good. So knowing your audience is important.

Listen to your readers. Answer questions and comments about your blog, use that information to create your next entry. If someone thought enough to comment, thank them (even if you don't like or agree) and use that info for the greater good. Blogs can be about advocating an agenda. But if your goal is to gain potential clients, don't write about how awesome your company is. Instead, it is important to relay as much useful and relevant information (about your industry) as possible. Over time this will translate to customers because people will begin to regard you as an expert in your industry and they will refer you business.

Timely blogs are very important. If something BIG has effected your industry, blogging about it early and with useful commentary will go a long way towards improving readership and give people the impression you are on the cutting edge. In the spirit of that, Please be sure to check out the NRG Summit and Trade Show April 15ht at the Pikesville Hilton in Maryland. www.networkreferralgroup.com

Cross promoting others is a great way to get new exposure for you as well.

So here is the summary

Meaningful content, listen to readers to create new content, be timely and cross promote when possible

Thanks for reading today

Mike S.

BTW follow me on twitter @selflessnetwork

2 comments:

  1. All good suggestions, and worthwhile blogging about!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you. always open to blog suggestions. and I always appreciate feedback, good or bad.

    ReplyDelete